Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

A new light

Over the past year I lived in a dorm room on Towson Universities campus. The photo below is of my roommate, Tom Fair, whose existence I had no idea about before arriving at Towson. I would say we became quick friends, possibly out of pure necessity... just kidding. Anyways, it was a fun and interesting year but now I am back at home and it is definitely nice. There were many nights a week, every week, that were filled with roaring drunkards. Not saying this couldn't be entertaining, but after a while it does get to be obnoxious. You became immune to the smell of old beer soaked or soaking into the carpet. The smell of days old throw-up in the sink became part of the routine when enduring bathroom necessities. The photo below is nothing compared to some of the other cases. Other than the unpalatable occasions, it was a maturing experience to live away from home for an extended period. There was a gratifying sense of freedom and adventure involved, while also trying to maintain concentration on our studies. After living right outside of the town of Towson for my entire life and skateboarding all over its encompassment, I thought that I could know nothing more about such a seemingly small place, but over the past year new light was shined on towson, which sometimes looks just as cool with a small t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment